English » ERASMUS+ » Erasmus+ Student Mobility/KA103 » Registration Procedures / ID Card / Prolongation

Registration Procedures

The documents needed for your enrollment at the Secretariat of your Department, are the following:

  • 3 photographs
  • a copy of  passport or identity card
  • the "Certificate for the Admission as an Erasmus student" issued by the Erasmus Office of the University of Athens [you will obtain this document at the Orientation Day].

Student ID Card

After your enrollment the Department’s Secretariat will provide you with a personal identification number (PIN) needed in order to activate a personal account and to get a Username.  By using your Username and the Password you can apply for your Academic Identification Card (Academic ID Card).  Since the on-line procedure for the Academic ID card is in Greek you can ask either for the assistance of  a buddy (from ESNKAPA student organization) or of the secretariat of your Department.   An English version of the procedure is available at ESNKAPA website: https://esnkapa.org/how-apply-your-academic-id-paso.  Please note that the issuing of the card may take approximately two weeks.

The card identifies you as a student at the NKUA and it gives the right of access to libraries, sport facilities, museums etc.  It also enables you to buy at half of the regular price, tickets or cards for all means of transport. The card must be presented to controllers of public transportation organization whenever there is a ticket control.

Important note: Until you obtain your Academic Identification Card you can use the Student Card issued by your Home University in order to be entitled to reduced fares (this is valid for students aged up to 25 years old).

Prolongation of Studies

Incoming students enrolled at NKUA for the winter semester that wish to apply for an extension of their stay should have the permission of their Home Universities.  In such case, students should fill in the relevant document (Application Form for Prolongation of Studies) which will be approved and signed by both Academic Coordinators. 

To finalize their prolongation of studies students should submit a new Learning agreement for the extended period of study.

The incoming students from third countries should take care about the extension of their visa/residence permit.


Secretariats of  Faculties are open to students

on Monday, Wednesday and Friday

11:00 a.m.-13:00 p.m.