The Department of European and International Relations
The Department of European and International Relations of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens aims at its active participation in the formation of current developments of the European and international education and culture. It positively contributes to the processes that take place in the decision-making centers regarding Higher Education. Furthermore, the university places emphasis on the promotion of its high standard educational and cultural work.
The accomplishment of these aims is being realized through:
- the active involvement in the ERASMUS+ Programme
- the participation in other European educational programmes of scientific cooperation and mobility
- the conclusion of international bilateral agreements of scientific cooperation with Institutions of Higher Education and the participation in international independent programmes
- the membership in international university organizations, associations and networks
- the development of international joint postgraduate and PhD programmes as well as the co-supervision of PhD dissertationsThe long-term strategies and the main directives of the work of the Department of European and International Relations are set by the Rectoral Authorities and the Senate of the university, in collaboration with the Committee of International Relations and European Educational Programmes.
The Committee is appointed by the Senate and functions under the auspices of the Vice-Rector of Academic Affairs and International Relations.
The various aforementioned aims are realized by the staff of the Department, under the constant supervision and with the seamless cooperation of the Committee.
The Committee of International Relations and European Educational Programmes is composed of the following members:
Konstantinos Buraselis, Vice-Rector of Academic Affairs and International Relations
Wilhelm Benning, Professor of the Department of German Language and Literature
George Tombras, Professor of the Department of Physics
Maria Koutsoudaki, Professor of the Department of English Language and Literature
Dimitrios Rekkas, Associate Professor of the Department of Pharmacy
Andreas Helmis, Assistant Professor of the School of Law
Athina Dimopoulou, Assistant Professor of the School of Law
Fotini Fryda, Head of the Department of European and International Relations